Hanban, China's official public institution for Chinese Language, offers a week's professional development trip to China for UK head teachers. This is an opportunity to network, establish a Chinese school link and inspire your school to learn Mandarin.
Up to 60 places are available, hosted in different areas of China nationally.
- link up and communicate with a school in China before the trip
- increase your networks and invest in your own professional development
- encourage the teaching and learning of Mandarin and Chinese culture at your school
- gain support from Hanban and the British Council in developing and sustaining a Chinese school link.
What are the costs?
Who can apply?
- Head teachers or deputy head teachers
- Department heads of languages
- Representatives from local authorities or organisations that promote foreign language teaching or international education
- A maximum of two applications will be considered from the same school or organisation
- Please recommend others from your organisation if you have participated in China Bridge visits previously, as we do not accept repeat applications
- We accept applications from schools that are starting to teach Mandarin or have a genuine intention to do so and preferably do not have an existing link with a school in China.
How to apply
Please complete the application form below and email it to email@example.com by Friday 23 June.
Download the China Bridge application form.
Visits will take place from 28 October to 5 November 2017.
Please direct your enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Explore how the China Bridge programme has helped Rebecca Thomas from Crickhowell High School build her confidence and bring her language classes to life.
Read how Dane Royd Primary school worked on a project with their partner school in China to create a British classroom that was visited by Prime Minister, David Cameron.