'Connecting Classrooms prepares children to take their place in the 21st century,' says Karen Noble, Head Teacher, Juniper Green Primary School.
Watch UK and Nigerian teachers benefit from gaining understanding of other countries’ education systems and become better equipped to teach about global issues, while improving their own teaching and curriculum.
Connecting Classrooms is a global education programme, which offers:
School partnerships - get the support you need to build a sustainable relationship with a link school
- Professional development for teachers - get equipped to tackle global themes in the classroom with our fully funded, regional face-to-face workshops and online courses
- British Council International School Award - gain recognition for your school.
Funding for partnerships under Connecting Classrooms is currently under review. We will be announcing our new offer to schools in the near future. In the meantime there are plenty of resources on this site to help you to develop your partnership.
Why take part?
Connecting Classrooms equips students with a deeper understanding of:
- other countries and cultures
- their rights and responsibilities as global citizens
- the skills needed to work in a global economy and build a fairer, more sustainable world.
Teachers also benefit from:
- gaining understanding of other countries' education systems
- being better equipped to teach about global issues
- improving their own teaching skills.