Why partner with a school?
Partnerships at any level help to inject excitement into your classroom and provide opportunities to share best practice principals from across the world.
Having a partner school can:
- Offer fresh perspectives on the world outside your immediate community
- Give an insight into what it is like to live in another country
- Increase cultural awareness within your class
- Teach your class about global issues in a safe, stable environment
- Help your students challenge to stereotypes
- Develop ICT and language skills within the classroom
Working with other teachers provides you with many opportunities to develop yourself professionally. You will:
- Foster long-lasting relationships with teachers across the world
- Have opportunities to take part in school exchanges
- Learn more about teaching methods from across the world
- Qualify to apply for professional development courses such as teaching the Connecting Classrooms core skills
- Have the chance to gain awards and recognition for your international education work
- Feed into your school’s curriculum relating to international partnerships
Different kinds of partnerships are available ranging from informal virtual partnerships and school exchanges, to professional partnerships.