The Intermediate level of the International School Award is for schools already working on international activities. It is ideal for schools that:
- have made links with other schools overseas and have worked on collaborative projects
- have shared educational practice with partners overseas and are implementing changes across the school
- are raising awareness of global issues amongst students.
Schools must demonstrate evidence of at least three curriculum-based international activities, and at least one of these activities must have been done in collaboration with a partner or partners in another country. Note that a significant part of each activity needs to have taken place within the 12 months prior to the application date. Visit our guidance and resources section to see how to plan international activities.
Schools who achieve the Intermediate level will receive:
- a certificate of achievement to display in your school
- expert feedback and guidance on how to further develop your international work and progress within the International School Award
- a media pack containing a press release template and guidance on how to raise awareness through social media and the local press.