The Foundation level of the International School Award is for schools embarking on their international journey. It is ideal for schools that:
- have introduced the concept of internationalism
- are preparing to form an international partnership to support future collaborative work
- have conducted at least one international activity.
The only requirement for applying for the Foundation level is evidence of at least one curriculum-based international activity. Note that a significant part of the activity needs to have taken place within the 12 months prior to the application date. Visit our guidance and resources section to see how to plan international activities.
Schools who achieve the Foundation level will receive:
- a certificate of achievement to display in your school
- expert feedback and guidance on how to further develop your international work and progress within the International School Award
- a media pack containing a press release template and guidance on how to raise awareness through social media and the local press.