Develop the speaking confidence of your pupils in advance of oral examinations with a trip to France.
The Lefèvre Trust is offering grants to UK schools to facilitate reciprocal visits to their partner schools in France.
A French study visit is the ideal way to instil a love of the French language in your students, give them exposure to authentic language usage and enable them to experience French culture first-hand. It will also boost confidence levels before key GCSE, A level, National Qualification and Higher level French oral exams.
As well as the invaluable advantage of experiencing French culture first-hand, pupils will also benefit from:
- raised levels of language proficiency in preparation for GCSE and A level/Highers examinations
- improved confidence in speaking French by practising with peers at the partner school
- increased motivation in continuing to learn French by exchanging language and culture in an authentic environment
- strengthened partnership and development of new cross-curricular projects for the whole school.
What are the details?
- Grants of £5,000 to facilitate reciprocal visits to France
- Visits should take place within 18 months of acceptance
‘A face-to-face visit is the only thing that really sustains a link. It’s a fantastic experience for pupils, teachers and parents and shows good practice across the local authority.’ Franck Lavie, Barr's Hill School
The deadline for next round of applications is 15 May 2017.
For enquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org