How does it work?
Connecting Classrooms is a fully funded learning journey that includes face-to-face and online courses, international professional partnerships and visit funding opportunities based around the core skills.
You do not need any previous experience to take part in Connecting Classroom's learning journey. However, we do advise you check to see what Connecting Classrooms opportunities are available in your local area.
The first part of the journey is to learn more about teaching the core skills which young people need in the 21st century. You will be able to learn about teaching the core skills by completing fully-funded courses available online or face-to-face. The CPD courses will:
- equip you with new skills to teach the core skills
- improve and develop new teaching techniques
- build on current subject knowledge that is useful across the curriculum.
Once you have completed the training, you can move on to develop an international professional partnership with an overseas school. The professional partnerships will allow you to seek advice and support on embedding the core skills in your curriculum and classroom. Benefits of the partnership include:
- an international element to your CV and teaching credentials
- broadening your horizons by sharing experience with a school from a different culture
- learning more about education in a different context to reapply this at home
- the opportunity to become a member of an international network of learners
- materials developed by educational experts to help you collaborate with your professional partner.
A unique part of the Connecting Classrooms offer is that we provide funding for international partners to work together face-to-face on embedding the core skills from policy level to the classroom.
Connecting Classroom’s collaborative project templates are learning programmes on topical themes which can be used across the curriculum.
The projects cover the core skills that young people need to live and work in a globalised economy.
The templates can be used flexibly as part of the Connecting Classrooms learning journey or independently without a partner to enhance the learning experience in your classroom.